At Young Professionals of Seattle (YPOS), we believe in equality for all. As such, we are committed to creating environments that are diverse, inclusive, safe, and free from discrimination, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other classification protected by law.
Accordingly, all YPOS event attendees must abide by the following policy:
- Be considerate, respectful and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert YPOS event team members if you notice any dangerous, demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior.
Unacceptable behaviors may include but are not limited to:
- Harassment and discrimination includes any verbal, physical, or visual conduct based on sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, race, age, national origin, disability. Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing, photography or recording; sustained disruption of sessions, talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact, and any unwelcome sexual attention.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Possession of a weapon or any item that can be used as a weapon, which may be used to threaten or cause injury to others if used in a certain manner.
- Any destruction or vandalizing of personal property or event site or materials.
- Possessing any illegal substance. YPOS does not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances anywhere in the event venues.
- Smoking is not permitted, other than in designated areas.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
- Many event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Failure to obey any of the rules or regulations of the event venues or instructions of the event team.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior can not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, anyone on the YPOS event team may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund and, if appropriate, involvement of local law enforcement.
How to report Unacceptable Behavior or Suspicious Person/Behavior/Package. Remember to See Something, Say Something
If you experience or witness a life safety emergency, please contact your local authorities. Dial 911, immediately.
If you have a complaint or concern about harassment, discrimination, bullying or any other conduct that violates the YPOS Events Code of Conduct, we encourage you to tell an event team member immediately. If you witness this happening to someone else, please report that, too. You may request that your report remain completely confidential.
For questions regarding YPOS Events, please contact us here.
The Code of Conduct may be revised at any time by YPOS and the terms are non-negotiable. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to YPOS’ rights, all of which it expressly reserves.
Together, we can ensure YPOS Events are safe and welcoming experiences for all.